When Starting a blog, choosing a theme is a complex task. How do you choose a theme, when there are so many free and premium themes available out there. and how do you know which one is the best? In this article lets see the Pros & Cons of both free & Premium WordPress themes and help you decide which one is best for you.
Free Wordpress Themes
1) No Update & Support: Surely, there is no regular updates and supports are not guaranteed. Since, WordPress used by millions of sites, it is also most likely to be hacked by hackers So it’s important to keep the themes updated and bug-free.
2) Limited Features & Functionality: Free WordPress themes are limited to basic features & functionality. you will not have the flexibility to add anything like shortcodes, buttons, switching layouts, etc.
1) Cost Free: The best thing about free WordPress theme is the cost, It’s FREE!
2) Strict Review Process: Before you can see any free themes on WordPress directory, the themes go through a strict review process, where it as to meet all requirements listed by Wordpress Theme Review Team.
Free themes are tested for compatible with 3 version behind the current WordPress version, security, accessibility, privacy, etc. Check out full requirement.
Premium Wordpress Themes
1) Paid: Comes with a price tag, you can buy a single theme or bundle for anyone having multiple sites or blog.
2) No Strict Review Process: Premium themes do not go under any review process hence might have poorly coded and lack WordPress Standards.
1) Regular Updates & Support: with premium themes, you get regular updates and support. most of the theme providers limit this to 1 year. but with multiple buying options, you can get this for the lifetime as well. Supports are usually in the form of forum, mail, and phone.
2) More Features & Functionality: Usually will have more features & functionality like Multiple layouts, slider, accordion, shortcodes, etc.
3) Multi-Purpose: Nowadays themes are created with the multi-purpose option in mind, most of them have one single theme that can be used for creating a blog, business website or online shopping site.
Now that you know the difference between free and premium themes. The next thing you might ask is, Where can I get the Quality theme and How do I choose one when there are so many of them selling it.
When Looking for a theme you need to Check for few things.
- Regular updates and Support
- SEO Friendly
- Responsive ( Mobile Friendly )
- Easy to use Interface.
Especially with Themify themes you get, Drag & Drop and Onsite editing features which are very cool to use and In few minutes you can have your blog up and running.
Hope you got some good Information to get started, have a question feel free to leave a comment.